One of the latest marketing buzzwords is “marketing automation”. What is it and how can be used to benefit businesses? The brief overview below explains one of marketing’s hottest trends.
It refers to software technologies and platforms that allow companies to more effectively market online on a variety of channels, while also automating repetitive tasks. This software is designed to streamline and automate processes that used to be performed manually, such as lead generation, follow-up, and monitoring campaign performance. This makes everything related to your company’s marketing more efficient, makes new processes possible and makes it easier to reach your target audience.
The Parts of Marketing Automation Software
There are multiple parts to marketing automation software, including:
- A central marketing database that stores customer behaviors and interactions
- An analytics component that is used to test, measure, and optimize marketing return-on-investment (ROI)
- An engagement marketing and lead scoring component that helps marketers determine the probability of a prospect becoming a customer, which allows them to better nurture leads
What is it Used For in Today’s World?
In this paragraph, I will discuss what it can be used for. It is an excellent tool for lead generation, but it does much more. Check out what else it is used for:
- It can create streamlines and lead scoring to help with lead nurturing, which is particularly beneficial when you consider how many channels marketers often manage, such as social media, websites, and emails
- Automates follow-ups, which are crucial for maintaining momentum and generating a sale, ensuring that no leads fall through the cracks
- Monitors marketing campaign performance, creating reports that make it easy to evaluate just how well your marketing strategies are working
- Here is a time saver: It can help with scheduling ad campaigns and social media posts
- A large part of the nurturing comes from creating email campaigns with specific messages tailored to your target audience.
- Drip campaigns are set up and will free up your marketer’s time by eliminating repetitive tasks.
- Cross-promote by sharing your promotions and content on multiple accounts
- Convert more leads by sending triggered campaigns
- Enhance functionality, remain competitive in an increasingly crowded market, and boost productivity by eliminating repetitive tasks
How Marketing Automation Can Improve Your Business
The best way to see how it can improve your business is by looking at the actual numbers. Here are some examples:
- Surveys show that marketing automation can increase sales productivity by as much as 14.5%, while simultaneously decreasing marketing overhead by 12.2% .
- Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospective customers see a whopping 451% increase in qualified leads .
- 80% of businesses using marketing automation report seeing their number of leads increase. 77% said their conversion numbers increased .
It is a powerful tool that provides tremendous benefits and opportunities for businesses of all kinds. Are you using it to your advantage? Contact us to learn more about what MJI Marketing can do to help in this process.
-  https://www.invespcro.com/blog/marketing-automation/
-  https://www.business2community.com/infographics/marketing-automation-by-the-numbers-infographic-0342287#!rFqTU#FJBEgYgtrUmZLWyt.97
-  https://www.emailmonday.com/marketing-automation-statistics-overview/